Devices For Teams has one of the most robust, dedicated, and innovative ESG policies. We are constantly striving to improve and add to our ESG policy to ensure we are as environmentally friendly in our operations as possible.
What Is ESG Policy?
ESG stands for Environmental, social, and governance policy. It can refer to:
- Governmental regulations for businesses and organisations
- A business’s own policies for its operations in terms of environmentally friendly targets
- Investor criteria for screening funding applicants
A company’s ESG policy would concern how the business safeguards the environment through its operations and is usually especially centred on climate change.
What Are The Main ESG Regulations In The UK?
In recent years, there has been an increasing focus on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) policies among governments, businesses, and investors.
The UK government is no exception, and in 2023, it has continued to prioritise ESG policies as a key part of its overall strategy.
The biggest focus of the government has been to address climate change. The UK has set ambitious targets to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. However, it is also concerned with deforestation, social equality, maintaining green space, reducing waste, pushing renewable energy, etc.
Our government has put several legal precedents in place as part of its ESG policy, some of which now, or will soon, affect many businesses.
Net zero – In 2019, the government announced its plan to achieve net zero emissions by 2050, which involves significant changes to the country’s energy infrastructure and transportation systems.
Sustainable Finance Strategy – In 2021, the government launched the Green Finance Strategy, which aims to increase investment in green infrastructure and other sustainable projects.
Since the launch, the government has continued to build on this strategy, launching a number of initiatives designed to encourage sustainable finance, including tax incentives for green investments and the creation of a Green Investment Bank. The government is continually reviewing and tweaking the strategy.
The Environmental Act – This Act seeks to replace some of the laws in place concerning environmental protection that were covered by EU law, and that need replacing since Brexit. This Act was legalised in 2021 and covers both climate change, emissions, and many other areas of environmental protection.
CR22 – The government has proposed new regulations that would require companies to report on their environmental and social impact, as well as their governance practices. In 2022, CR22 was released which strongly recommends disclosure of how companies manages climate-related risks and descriptions of actual and potential impacts of climate-related risks on the company’s model. Thanks to CR22 this applies to businesses with 500+ employees, which are either a public company trading on a UK regulated market, AIM or a private company which has a turnover of more than £500 million.
Apart from CR22, there is no strict regulation of businesses in regard to climate policy yet in the UK. However, with the government’s deadline of 2050 fast approaching for net zero, it is expected that businesses could see an increase in legislation concerning their green operations.
Many businesses are taking the initiative to change now rather than face fines later. Fines to encourage compliance with net zero from businesses has been discussed by the UK government, so it is a real future possibility.
As the world continues to grapple with the challenges of climate change, inequality, and corporate accountability, it is clear that ESG policies will play an increasingly important role in shaping the future of business and society.
Devices For Teams’ Environmental Social Governance Compliance 2023
Devices For Teams are not only ESG compliant but are actively innovating on ways to become a truly sustainable and green company.
How Are Devices For Teams Making Sure We Are Complaint With ESG Policy?
Here are some of the changes we have made to become environmentally friendly.
- Part of the Good Business Charter
- Members of the Finance & Leasing Association
- Registered With The Financial Conduct Authority
- We are carbon neutral – Confirmed in a 2022 audit by Climate Partner.
- Green logistics – We use electric vans for all our business logistics.
- Enviro-friendly packaging – We ensure all our packaging is recyclable.
- Renewable energy – Our offices use 100% renewable electricity.
- Supporting developing businesses – Thanks to Lendwithcare, Devices For Teams can donate to business owners in developing countries.
- ISO 27001 certified – Your data is highly secure and protected under ISO 27001 guidelines with Devices For Teams. This certification means that our systems and processes have been independently verified by third-party authorities to be effectively secure and accurate use of your data. We are happy to be one of only a few Apple-authorised resellers who are ISO 27001 certified. ISO 27001 is one of the most recognised and highest standards for handling personal data.
- Ensuring we deliver a living wage – We support our staff alongside the shifting cost of living.
- Heavily encouraging recycling in our workplace – We ensure our values are reflected in the little everyday contributions of our staff.
- Investing in communities in northeast Brazil – As part of our carbon offsetting initiative, we have chosen to invest the money in the creation of wind farms in northeast Brazil and the support of the local community, so that they can have education, jobs, and clean energy.
- Investing in schools – Supplying schools and education centres with suitable hardware for remote learning during pandemic lockdowns.
How Are Devices For Teams Helping Our Clients With ESG Compliance in 2023?
- Carbon offsetting initiative – For just 3% extra in your computer device lease, we can offset all your computer emissions. With this initiative, we can automatically offset all the devices that are part of your lease with us. We can also carbon offset hardware that you already own as well.
- Offers on the greenest devices – We have ultra eco-friendly computer hardware collections and provide special offers on the most energy efficient devices. With ecolabels, it is also easy for our clients to see just how eco-friendly their computer equipment really is.
- Pre-loved hardware – By choosing to utilise high-quality but second hard computer equipment, you are helping devices live their full life cycle before they are replaced. This helps to bring down demand for new equipment to be produced at such high, fast rates. The manufacturing processes have a significant impact on the environment due to mining the materials and the emissions released during their creation.
- Repurposing instead of replacing – If you lease brand new hardware every time a new employee joins your company, then you are increasing demand for the production of computer equipment. The manufacture of computers has a significant impact on the environment. When one worker leaves and another joins your company, you can simply repurpose the hardware instead to help the planet. By repurposing hardware for you, Devices For Teams will wipe its data and fully configure all security, apps and software for the next worker’s needs. We can even store hardware for you or retrieve it from ex-employees.
- Repairing instead of replacing – Devices For Teams is a DaaS service, so expert repair jobs are inbuilt into your lease services. This helps your device to last longer instead of being replaced unnecessarily and causing e-waste. Good repair equals less e-waste for the world.
- The greenest electronic recycling methods – Devices For Teams cares for the whole device life cycle. When your hardware becomes out-of-date, we can handle all the recycling of the components for you. Best of all is that we only use the greenest recycling methods.
Carissa Parnell has been with HardSoft for over 10 years, she is a content writer and helps us with blogging. She is highly experienced in copywriting for SEO strategies, web copy, email marketing and article writing.
Carissa’s interests include Gaming, Sci-fi, fantasy and fashion.
LinkedIn: Carissa Parnell